On Mon, 2017-08-28 at 16:02 -0500, Dave Day wrote:

[...]
>      What I was hoping to do was to connect to a running BaseX, and
> send
> the schema definitions that would be used to validate the XML.  In
> reading doc, I see it is possible to create namespaces and use them,
> but
> the format has to be either a URL or a URN.  Is it possible to create
> URN for a namespace on the fly, and then tell the code later on
> which
> namespace to use?

I think really you are wanting to validate against a particular schema.
This is entirely unrelated to which namespace URI is used to identify
elements in the document. You can have multiple XML Schema Documents
(xsd) for validating XML documents whose elements are "in" the same
namespace.

A namespace in XML is nothing more or less than a URI used as a name.
They don't actually "do" anything :)

http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Validation_Module#XML_Schema_Validation
has an example that might help.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Staff contact for Verifiable Claims WG, XQuery WG

Web slave for http://www.fromoldbooks.org/