Hello

I try desperately getting baseX 8.6.7 to run on MacOS X 10.13.3 where I have
Java 9 installed
Here the error message:

BaseX installed with homebrew today:

MBP-2015:~ leo$ basexgui
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.basex.gui.GUIMacOSX
(file:/usr/local/Cellar/basex/8.6.7/libexec/BaseX.jar) to method
com.apple.eawt.Application.getApplication()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
org.basex.gui.GUIMacOSX
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Failed to initialize native Mac OS X interface
MBP-2015:~ leo$

and the same error with the Jar file

Last login: Wed Feb 21 18:16:27 on ttys001
MBP-2015:~ leo$ java -jar ~/Downloads/BaseX867.jar
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.basex.gui.GUIMacOSX
(file:/Users/leo/Downloads/BaseX867.jar) to method
com.apple.eawt.Application.getApplication()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
org.basex.gui.GUIMacOSX
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Failed to initialize native Mac OS X interface
MBP-2015:~ leo$

Any suggestions?

Thanks for caring
Always