On Mon, 2020-03-30 at 15:39 +0200, Christian Grün wrote:
>  I remember that some users have successfully utilized Memcached in
> the past to cache BaseX query results.

I did this for a while on fromoldbooks.org and it worked fine (you have
to know when to invalidate the cache of course!). But for
www.fromolbooks.org/Search/ i have a cacheing framework i wrote years
ago (which unfortunately grew into a monster, as these things do) that
also lets me switch between different XQuery engines.  It's been ages,
i think more than 10 years, since i've had to switch, but it's
sometimes useful for debugging problems.

The first version was in production in under a day.

Most of the queries i use in BaseX for the Web site run faster than the
time to start the cahe framework these days, though, so i should redo
it. You have to get the basic HTML result sent to the Google bot in
under a second if you want to be on the first page of results.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org