Hello All:

Unhappy news that you may not know about.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "John O'Halloran" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sat Jan 14, 2006  4:13:21  PM US/Pacific
>
> Cindy passed away this morning. Dr. James Robinson says she died
> peacefully in her sleep. The cause of death is renal and respiratory
> failure.
>
> She was 52.
>
> In lieu of a funeral, Cindy wanted to have a memorial filk. This will
> likely be done at Consonance.

I'm hoping that a memorial filk for Cindy can be done at BayCon and
SiliCon this year.

For those that did not know Cynthia MacQuillen, this is an obituary
written by Gary Swaty, an Arizona fan:

The filk world, and the world in general, has suffered a traumatic loss
with the death of Cynthia MacQuillen at the young age of 52. She was
the author of such filk standards as “Space Station Annie" and "Bedlam
Cats." She often collaborated musically with her beloved companion, Dr.
James Robinson. All filkers know her albums, Bedlam Cats, This Heavy
Heart, Mid-Life Crisis, and Dreams of Fortune.

Cindy was a frequent guest of honor at filk conventions and at fantasy
and science fiction conventions all over the United States. She was a
guest of honor at Arizona conventions as well.

Cindy was a comic force of nature. Her music and her presence created
joy and hilarity wherever she went. In this she ably abetted by the
zaniness of James. I loved her music, her joyfulness and her zest for
life in the face serious health problems.
She will be missed.

Kathy Mar pointed out to me that numerous writers got their starts
because of Cindy when she worked as an editor on Marion Zimmer
Bradley's magazine. Cindy would take the time to read submitted stories
and send comments with helpful suggestions back to these writers. Some
of these aspiring writers have now become some of the names that you
enjoy reading today.

Until later--

Carole