Hello.

A friend of mine just suggested me to have a look at
http://github.com/ap/perldoc-complete

Basically, it uses an external perl script instead of embedding ugly
one-liners in shell script. I tried it, the improvement is impressing.

I'd like to import it in the project, but we have no specific provision
for using external helpers now, and we still install completions scripts
in $sysconfdir/bash_completion.d. I'm going to install it in
$datadir/bash_completion/helpers, unless someone has a better suggestion.
--
BOFH excuse #448:

vi needs to be upgraded to vii