rD> <svg xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; style="fill-opacity:1;
RD> color-rendering:auto; color-interpolation:auto;
RD> text-rendering:auto; stroke:black; stroke-linecap:square; str
RD> oke-miterlimit:10; shape-rendering:auto; stroke-opacity:1;
RD> fill:black; stroke-dasharray:no ne; font-weight:normal;
RD> stroke-width:1; font-family:&apos;sansserif&apos;; font-style:norm
RD> al; stroke-linejoin:miter; font-size:12; stroke-dashoffset:0;
RD> image-rendering:auto;" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";>
RD> <!--Generated by the Batik Graphics2D SVG Generator--> <defs
RD> id="genericDefs" /> <g /> </svg>

    [...]

RD> Where in the SVGGraphics class do the attributes to the <svg>
RD> element get put on the <svg> element ?

    They are added by DOMTreeManager.applyDefaultRenderingStyle
(called from DOMTreeManager.getRoot(..)).

    It gets the list of properties to set from the 'defaultGC' which
is initialized from the GraphicsContext passed into the
DOMTreeConstructor from SVGGraphics2D.setGeneratorContext(...), which
can get initialized from the GeneratorContext passed in to the
SVGGraphics2D, but generally just takes the defaults from:
               ...batik.ext.awt.g2d.GraphicsContext object (which
has them hard coded).