TK> I've written a transcoder, which creates html image maps.

    Congradulations, and thanks.  FYI I this is really more in
Vincent's domain, he is currently away but due back soon I believe.

TK> Now, there are a few last questions: -

TK> - Could it go into the cvs?

    I don't think this will be a problem.

TK> - Could someone look over it, as it's my first programming with
TK> batik?

    I took a quick look at it but as I said this really isn't my area.
One point is that often outlines will have multiple parts, so you will
fairly often have a Move command in the middle of a path, so this
really should be handeled (this will happen if there is more than one
shape in a group as well as lots of other cases).

TK> - I have a last problem with SVGUtilities.getDescription. It
TK> simply always gives me an empty string. Has someone a hint why?  -
TK> - I have used javax.xml.transform for xml serialization. Is there
TK> a better way in batik, as it was before not used?

    I dunno.

TK> What I want to do before commiting: -

TK> - Seperating in more classes. I'd like to extract the polygons
TK>   with user space coordinates in one class, create the SAX events
TK>   for the html elements in another and have the serialization in
TK>   another. This is because I'd like to have it as transformer in
TK>   cocoon.

    All sounds like good ideas.  The current code is a bit monolithic.