Hello, I am a new user in batik-dev group. I am a computer engineering student and I'm working on the final year project about SVG. I'm studying the Batik architecture. I want to find out how Batik loads and displays a SVG document. However, I have some problems that I can't get the solution from the FAQ of Batik's homepage. Here are the questions:

(1) Documentation describes GVT as "more suitable for rendering and event purposes". How GVT facilitates these two process?

(2) After building the GVT tree, how is it rendered? Here is my assumed method:
    (a) Get the root node
    (b) Dispatch a "Paint" event to the root node
    (c) The whole tree is rendered as the event propagate down the tree

Alvin Au