Hello !

I have two questions (or propositions) about the latest version of Batik :

jar dependencies :
  • why not shipping in one jar batik-dom.jar, batik-xml.jar, and batik-css.jar, as they seem to behave together ?
  • I have the same remark about batik-util.jar, batik-gui-util.jar, and batik-ext.jar
Use of XML parser when reading an SVG file:

The XMLResourceDescriptor class define which XML driver will be invoked by batik. It is possible to use the default JRE 1.4 parser (crimson !!), by setting the parser main class name (as "org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl"). It works apparently well on some examples.

Why not use the JAXP API to parse SVG files ? I don't think it would be very complicated, but I haven't thouroughly review the code, so I'm not sure it would be so simple...