Hi Jorg,

Thomas DeWeese wrote:

   Well you should be able to call:
     svg.getIntersectionList(Rect, Element).

   But that's currently not implemented.  If you do it with the
DOM don't forget to take transforms into account.  This is getting
high on my list of things to work on...

Jorg Heymans wrote:

Indeed, this would be *extremely* handy for any GEO related application where selecting "features" (ie svg elements) is considered standard functionality. If this gets implemented, will it be possible to have any selection shape (circle, ellipse, custom) ?

As far as I can see the SVG DOM only supports using a Rect element. However, I seem to recall an interface along these lines perhaps it is in 1.2?

What do you mean by "don't forget to take transforms into account" ?

getBBox returns the bounding box in the local coordinate system,
so it needs to be transformed to what ever coordinate system you
defined your top level rectangle in. Probably using getTransformToElement or getScreenCTM.