Thomas DeWeese wrote:
I think when we call suspend or resume we should always get managerSuspended and managerResumed events respectively, even if they are called in close proximity

I think it's a little misleading to send a "managerSuspended" event when the manager is still running don't you? Even in the past if you called 'resume' when it was already running no event would be fired. So the answer isn't quite as obvious as one might think.

Either way, proper documentation should save the day. E.g., with the current behavior the API for suspend() and resume() should say that they are "requests" to suspend/resume the update manager, and that multiple requests can get consolidated, and that the listener events are reports of what actually happened, etc.

-Archie