Do you want to keep track (i.e. store it) of your overlay information? or will it be volatile, on a per session basis?

You want to have the position-indicator to remain the same size (on screen), regardless of the zoom level of your map, right?

You want to indicate access routes, elevator position, etc. Right?

How are the new positions will be calculated? By moving the indicators, or by modifing the Zoom-pan of the map?

This is important to define the best approach.

Andres.