    Ted> I tried to duplicate your bug but could not.2

    Ted> I added "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" to a BBDB entry.

    Ted> Then     I   called    M-:    (bbdb-search-simple    nil
    Ted> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]") and it brought up the correct
    Ted> entry.

    Ted> I  repeated with  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" in  the BBDB
    Ted> and again the search for [EMAIL PROTECTED] worked.

    Ted> This seems to  be what you are reporting,  so maybe  you have
    Ted> something set up   differently.  First of   all, is  my  test
    Ted> correct?  Second,  are you running  the latest  BBDB?  Third,
    Ted> does the test fail for you?

Hi,

    -  I am running no gnus 0.3 (snapshot) and bbdb-2.35

    - I switch the address  to be checked  to be my own, that  is
      easier  for testing,  so  I  tried
      (bbdb-search-simple nil "[EMAIL PROTECTED]")
      and the it turned correctly the entry

    -  I did it again with
    (bbdb-search-simple nil "[EMAIL PROTECTED]")
      and the it turned correctly the entry.
So far so good.

So I tried edebug-defun on spam-check-BBDB (I have not much
experience with this). So I send myself a couple of messages from
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I use the simplify setting
(setq
                 nnimap-split-rule  'nnimap-split-fancy
                 nnimap-split-inbox "INBOX"
                 nnimap-split-fancy  '(|
                                                           (: spam-split)
                                                           "MAILBOX"))

(setq spam-use-BBDB-exclusive  t)
(setq spam-use-BBDB t)

And indeed these messages end up in SPAM.

So when running the debugger, first everything goes smoothly, who
is correctly identified with  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
the problem start in the line
                     (intern-soft who bbdb-cache) there for some reason
nil is returned!!!

Could you do a simple test? Send yourself messages from
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

And see whether with the above splitting it ends up in SPAM.

I will continue with the testing and would appreciate any help on
the edebug utility anyway.

Thanks

Uwe