   Robert> On Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 13:00:18, Uwe Brauer wrote:
   >>
   >> I played a little around, but it seems not that trivial.

   Robert> Why?

This was just an example.

   Robert> Where does the relevant record come from?

   Robert> Look at:
   Robert> - bbdb-yank-addresses which will tell you how to get records
   Robert>   from a BBDB buffer
   Robert> - bbdb-record-getprop is used to extract a field from a record
   Robert> - bbdb-complete-name-hooks / bbdb-mail-abbrev-expand-hook
   Robert>   might be interesting in order to hook your magic
   Robert> - message-insert-to / message-carefully-insert-headers
   Robert>   should be used for inserting

   RWF> The following defun is a start ...

   RWF> (defun bbdb-yank-ccc ()
   RWF> (interactive)
   RWF> (let ((ccc (save-excursion
   RWF> (set-buffer bbdb-buffer-name)
   RWF> (and bbdb-records
   RWF> (car bbdb-records)
   RWF> (bbdb-record-getprop (caar bbdb-records) 'gnus-folder)))))
   RWF> (if ccc
   RWF> (message-carefully-insert-headers (list (cons 'Ccc ccc))))))

   RWF> It is not that complicated, isn't?

Well right, but the problem is: it does not work.

I debugged your function and
the problem is that

 (bbdb-record-getprop (caar bbdb-records) 'gnus-folder)
returns nil for a given bbdb entry which has this field.

I tried other fields, like imap (which I use for other purposes) that
is
 (bbdb-record-getprop (caar bbdb-records) 'imap)

 but the  same, it returns nil. I tried it with the net field and then I got
 (bbdb-record-getprop (caar bbdb-records) 'net)
bbdb: cannot access the net field this way

So there is something wrong?

Uwe