Adrian Aichner wrote:

> Interesting!
>
> Didier, have you also observed bbdb losing coding cookie of line 1 on
> write?

  nope.

> This might be the reason for the coding system breakage reported on
> bbdb-info recently.
>
> See, e.g.
> http://www.mail-archive.com/bbdb-info@lists.sourceforge.net/index.html#04609
>
> Could the issue you found have to do with this?

  At a first glance, I don't think so. BBDB uses only
local-write-file-hooks, which is permanent-local. The bug I'm fixing was
causing the *global* hooks values to be lost after their first execution.

--
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/didierverna

Didier Verna, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier

EPITA / LRDE, 14-16 rue Voltaire   Tel.+33 (1) 44 08 01 85
94276 Le Kremlin-BicĂȘtre, France   Fax.+33 (1) 53 14 59 22   [EMAIL PROTECTED]