I'm running emacs version 22.2.1 on SuSE Linux 11.0.

I checked out the latest bbdb version today from cvs.

I get the following compilation warnings
Compiling file /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-com.el at
Thu Feb 19 09:22:58 2009
bbdb-com.el:106:1:Warning: !! The file uses old-style backquotes !!
This functionality has been obsolete for more than 10 years already
and will be removed soon. See (elisp)Backquote in the manual.

In end of data:
bbdb-com.el:3747:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
defined: bbdb-record-lfname,
bbdb-prin1-to-string