Hello

A while ago I wrote a hack which is a multi language
enhancement of the flyspell abbrev mechanism.

The idea is to have for different languages different minor
modes with different local-abbrev-table(s).

This works fine for all mayor mode I have checked and it
even works for message (or gnus-message)-mode) as long
as  bbdb-define-all-aliases is *not* involved.

Once I use  bbdb-define-all-aliases say via

(add-hook 'gnus-message-setup-hook 'bbdb-define-all-aliases)

Then the following strange things happen:

    -  once I call gnus-summary-post-news  then
       local-abbrev-table is set to

Value: [ash* matlist....

That seems to me some table associated with the bbdb
entries. Note that C-h v local-abbrev-table does not display
the entries as they are shown via edit-abbrevs

I now turn on say british-minor-mode. It seems that the
local-abbrev-table is set correctly to the value of that
minor mode.

However abbrevs which are typed below --text follows this line--
are expanded according to the
text-mode-abbrev-table! Even when I explicitly change  again
and again the minor mode and the local-abbrev-table.

Also all corrections flyspell performs are saved in the
text-mode-abbrev-table and not in the corresponding minor
mode table.

I say this again: if I don't set
(add-hook 'gnus-message-setup-hook 'bbdb-define-all-aliases)
then everything works as expected.

Can somebody please enlighten me?!

thanks

Uwe Brauer