On Tue May 10 2011 Sam Steingold wrote:
> PS. I would appreciate it if you would give me git commit rights.

I don't mind giving you write access...

> 2011-05-10  Sam Steingold  <s...@gnu.org>
>
>       * bbdb-com.el (bbdb-get-help-window): use `special-mode' instead
>           of setting `buffer-read-only' explicitly, this way we get all
>           the special bindings for free

...though I do not know (yet) which version of BBDB you want to work on.
bbdb-get-help-window was a function in BBDB v2, but in v3, it's been
merged with bbdb-prompt-for-create.

>From a different perspective, the special bindings of special-mode
are not used at all in this context. The help window is only used
for displaying the help message. But the current buffer in that
moment is the minibuffer.

2011-05-11  Roland Winkler  <wink...@gnu.org>
        * lisp/bbdb-mua.el (bbdb-update-records): Fix previous patch.
        (bbdb-prompt-for-create): Use special-mode.

BBDB is avaiable at
http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/bbdb.git
To check it out, use
git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/bbdb.git