Carson Chittom <carson.chit...@mspb.ms.gov> writes:

> Antoine Levitt <antoine.lev...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> 13/09/11 15:27, Carson Chittom
>>> -=-=-=-=-
>>> (add-to-list 'load-path "C:/Documents and
>>> Settings/carson/Utilities/bbdb/lisp")
>>> (require 'bbdb)
>>> (bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message)
>>> (add-hook 'gnus-startup-hook 'bbdb-insinuate-gnus)
>>> -=-=-=-=-
>>
>> That setup is obsolete, just remove
>>
>> (add-hook 'gnus-startup-hook 'bbdb-insinuate-gnus)
>
> Removing this line doesn't change anything; I get the same error.
>
>> and it should be fine. If that helps, my setup is
>>
>> (require 'bbdb)
>> (bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message)
>> (bbdb-mua-auto-update-init 'gnus 'message)

My setup is

(require 'bbdb)
(require 'bbdb-autoloads)
(add-hook 'gnus-startup-hook 'bbdb-insinuate-gnus 'bbdb-insinuate-message)
(bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message)

Slight variation here, not sure which is more "correct", and without any
further consideration of obsoleteness, this setup works. On BBDB 3.02
that is.

> Adding the last line you have here gives me an error also.  Running
> emacs --debug-init gives me
>
> -=-=-=-
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function bbdb-mua-auto-update-init)
>   (bbdb-mua-auto-update-init (quote gnus) (quote message))
>   eval-buffer(#<buffer *load*> nil "c:/Documents and
> Settings/carson/Application Data/.emacs" nil t) ; Reading at buffer
> position 578
>   load-with-code-conversion("c:/Documents and
> Settings/carson/Application Data/.emacs" "c:/Documents and
> Settings/carson/Application Data/.emacs" t t)
>   load("~/.emacs" t t)
>   #[nil "\205\264
> -=-=-=-
>
> I'm not sure what that means.  I'm going to try updating to the latest
> in the git repository and see if that fixes things (when I started
> trying to get this working this morning, I thought I had a fairly recent
> checkout, but it actually seems to be from about a month ago).

For what it's worth, I don't use that function either.

--
Johnny