On Wed Mar 14 2012 Sam Steingold wrote:
> I am pretty sure that every user who sets
> bbdb-message-all-addresses to non-nil would want this patch:

I guess we were not talking about BBDB if every user had not
strongly diverging opinions about such things. In that sense, I am
rather hesitant to implement a hard-coded binding of a user variable
inside such a command.

Actually, I went through quite some effort to break down the code in
bbdb-mua.el into low-level stuff that I tried to implement as
general and flexibel as possible, and the high-level commands that
have rather small pieces of code. bbdb-mua-edit-field with a body of
11 lines is actually the biggest one. Of course, these high-level
commands provided in bbdb-mua.el do not take advantage of everything
that is implemented on the lower level, in particular if you combine
them with all permutations of settings for user variables used by
these commands.

But hopefully the new setup of the code does make it easier to
customize the high-level commands the way you want them to be
without a need to fiddle with the trickier low-level functions.