On Tue May 20 2014 Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
> I don't know enough about the auto-update stuff to say. It never made a
> whole lot of sense to me, requiring both (bbdb-initialize 'gnus) and
> (bbdb-mua-auto-update-init 'gnus), because I can't really imagine
> wanting one but not the other. Are you proposing an equivalent:
>
> (bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'gnus-auto-update)

I expect something like the following to be more common

   (bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message-auto-update)

This way the auto-update is all in all less aggressive.

> Or something like that? There are so many other options
> controlling how messages are scanned, it seems like you could
> leave out initializing the auto-update stuff entirely and just let
> users play with bbdb-mua-auto-update-p.

As usual, I guess this is a matter of taste.

> How many people are using multiple MUAs?

>From BBDB's perspective everyone uses two, one for incoming and one
for outgoing messages.

> Also, does anyone have a bbdb.texi file underway? If there was even a
> skeleton TOC in the repository, it would make it easier to start tossing
> in bits and pieces of documentation.

There is already a skeleton on savannah, volunteers welcome.
I do request that contributors assign their copyright to the FSF
(I believe you already have).