Nikolaus Rath <nikol...@rath.org> writes:

> On Apr 22 2015, Nikolaus Rath <nikol...@rath.org> wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm using bbdb 3.1.2. I have the following configuration:
>>>
>>> (require 'bbdb)
>>> (bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message)
>>> (bbdb-mua-auto-update-init 'gnus 'message)
>>> (setq bbdb-mua-pop-up t
>>>       bbdb-mua-auto-update-p nil
>>>       bbdb-update-records-p 'query
>>>       bbdb-ignore-message-alist
>>>          '(("From" . "bugzilla-daemon")))
>>>

>>> As I understand, setting bbdb-mua-auto-update-p should prevent bbdb from
>>> attempting to automatically update records. However, every time I select
>>> any article in Gnus, bbdb asks me if I want to create or update the
>>> records of the sender and recipients.
>>
>> ... and conversely, even if I set bbdb-mua-auto-update-p to 'query, it
>> does not ask me to update recipient records when composing and sending a
>> message using message-mode.
>>
>> I feel like I'm missing something obvious...
>
> *ping*
>
> Really no one able to help?

Hi Nikolaus,

This is part of my set-up.

    (setq bbdb-file "~/.emacs.d/.bbdb")
    (bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message 'anniv)
    (setq bbdb-complete-mail-allow-cycling t)
    ;; control pop-up and it's size
    (setq bbdb-mua-pop-up t)
    (setq bbdb-mua-pop-up-window-size 0.1)
    (setq bbdb-mua-update-interactive-p '(query . create))
    (setq bbdb-message-all-addresses t)
    (add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'bbdb-mail-aliases)

This works as you want it to work I think.

Good luck!

Glyn