On Thu, 2016-06-23 at 23:02 +0200, Roland Winkler wrote:
> On Thu Jun 23 2016 ST wrote:
> > >   In particular, `calendar-date-style' is obeyed via `diary-date-forms'.
> >
> > How can I try to use it? (I'm new to Emacs...)
>
> Emacs has calendar and diary facilities, see the node in the info
> manual for Emacs.  In the diary file you can specify entries for
> different dates.  The format of the dates is specified via the user
> variable calendar-date-style.  diary-date-forms is less relevant
> here from a user perspective.
>
> bbdb-anniv assumes that your BBDB records use the same format for
> anniversary dates as you have selected for your diary file via
> calendar-date-style.

Strange - I had 'american' for calendar-date-style (probably the default
value) but viewing the org agenda view did work properly even though I
entered bbdb anniversary dates in ISO format...

Whatever... this variable can have only 3 values: american, european,
iso. Neither of them is meant to represent Hebrew dates. I assume Hebrew
dates are dealt with in some other way....

> > > (Do your Hebrew dates interact properly with the Emacs calendar?)
> >
> > How can I check it?
>
> To display BBDB anniversaries in the Emacs diary,
> call `bbdb-initialize' with arg `anniv'.

I placed (bbdb-initialize 'anniv) into my .emacs but even after going to
Diary -> Show all (s) I don't see any bbdb entries showing up.

Thank you for digging into this issue!