On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Larry Finger<larry.fin...@lwfinger.net> wrote:
> Michael Buesch wrote:
>> On Tuesday 08 September 2009 15:47:32 Dave Young wrote:
>>> I tested wireless-testing b43 driver, but got "Fatal DMA error"
>>> then the controller keep restarting...
>>>
>>> Please tell what I can provide or test, Thanks.
>>
>> Is this a regression? If so, please bisect.
>
> It is something specific to his system as I don't see anything like
> this. In addition, there are some users on the openSUSE forums that
> have implemented the latest compat-wireless and switched away from
> Broadcom wl to b43 on their LP PHY devices. So far, no complaints from
> them.
>
> Please reboot so that we see the ssb output as well. Use the command
>
> dmesg | egrep "ssb|b43"
>
> That way we will be able to see exactly what kind of device you have
> and what revisions are in it. AFAIK, the testing to date has been
> limited to Rev 1 PHYs and Rev 2 radios.

I use a public pc and I have no lan access for my laptop, so just hand
copy something:

b43-pci-bridge 0000:0c:00.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 17 (level, low) -> IRQ 17
b43-pci-bridge 0000:0c:00.0: setting latency timer to 64
ssb SInics Silicon Backplane found on PCI device 0000:0c:00.0
b43-phy0: Broadcom 4312 WLAN found (core revision 15)
b43-phy0 debug: Found PHY: Analog 6, Type 5, Revision 1
b43-phy0 debug: Found Radio: Manuf 0x17F, Version 0x2062, Revision 2

--
Regards
dave