On Saturday 28 November 2009 19:03:30 Larry Finger wrote:
> On my x86_64 system, I get the "Fixing latency ..." message printed out
> just before the code writes 0x40 to PCI-E configuration register 0x0d
> (PCI_LATENCY_TIMER). The wl driver does that same write on my machine.
>
> Do you have any knowledge as to why this number is increased from the
> default of 32?

The code should not even be compiled on that system. If the code is really
executed, that's a serious breakage.

The code is ifdefed unter CONFIG_SSB_PCICORE_HOSTMODE.
This config option must not be enabled on anything but MIPS.

I think, however, enabling CONFIG_SSB_PCICORE_HOSTMODE should lead to compile
failures on anything but MIPS.

(And the code writes 0xA8, not 0x40.)

--
Greetings, Michael.