On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:00 AM, John Daiker <daikerj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a BCM4312 rev 01 (14e4:4315) card in my HP Mini netbook.  I am having
> troubles connecting to any WEP secured AP.
>
> I know the trick about having to load with pio=1 for the device to stay
> happy (and forget about using DMA), so no issues there, I hope.
>
> With qos=1 (by default, IIRC), I am unable to establish a connection with
> said WEP connection, and notice many 'PHY transmission error' messages in my
> dmesg output.
>
> With qos=1, I can successfully connect to my WEP connection without issue,
> and without any error messages or warnings.
>
> I have a BCM4318 rev 02 (14e4:4318) in a desktop that works with
> enabled/disabled qos not matter what.  Also, a RT2500-based card works fine
> on the connection as well.
>
> Both card are using the 478.104 firmware.
>
> Please advise what steps I should take to further debug this issue.
>
> Thanks,
> John Daiker
> --

Hi!

Is this the new 4312 (BCM94312HMGB AKA 575920-001), with integrated
Bluetooth? I haven't seen this issue on my machines with a regular
4312, so it is probably related to the DMA error, or maybe it is
specific to the new 4312. If you can, please check whether the actual
model number printed on the card is the new one.

Thanks,
Gábor

--
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)