On Friday 22 January 2010 22:59:26 Michael Buesch wrote:
> On Friday 22 January 2010 21:47:03 Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> > As you can see I've used git send-email for submission this time! I've
> > no idea what I did wrong that patch 1/5 was sent incorrectly. I just
> > generated patches with
> > git format-patch --cover-letter -o b43
> > , then modified 0000-...patch (ONLY this one) and finally sent all
> > patches from b43 directory.
>
> The mails may be re-encoded on intermediate mailservers.
> My server, for example, re-encodes all of your mails to base64.
> (or it may be the list-mailserver re-encoding the mails, because by server
> doesn't advertise the correct flags, I dunno...)
> I don't know why it does this, however. I'm still pretty sure that it's
> related
> to the characters in your name. Does anybody has an idea how to fix this? I'm
> using exim.

Oh, I just realize that these patches received via vger.kernel.org list are
just fine.
It's just berlios' mailman which mangles the mails for me. Which is not
surprising,
because berlios is a really really broken platform and its mailservers are even
worse than that.

So I guess everything is fine now.

So while we are at it, I'd really like to migrate away from the berlios list.
It's really just annoying. Does somebody have a good reliable mailinglist
service
we could migrate to? Does vger offer lists to driver projects?

--
Greetings, Michael.