W dniu 7 lutego 2010 14:22 użytkownik Michael Buesch <m...@bu3sch.de> napisał:
> On Sunday 07 February 2010 14:18:43 Rafał Miłecki wrote:
>> So pressing something like Fn+FX can eventually be handled by BIOS and
>> can cause hardware (physical) enabling radio?
>
> Yeah, could be the case. It could also be handled by another kernel driver
> (wmi).
> In no case will the wireless driver be able to modify the state.
>
>> In such a case Broadcom hardware doesn't know about this (wow, that's
>> weird), and so b43 driver doesn't know as well? As the result b43
>> doesn't try to run wireless.
>
> Well, the only thing the driver can do is _observing_ that the radio is
> killed.

Hm, AFAIR my old Acer Aspire 5024 was using acer-wmi module to manage
(turn off) rfkill. I was using this with b43 driver so somehow in my
case b43 (and hardware?) did know state of radio state... But you
wrote:

> But that's done by other means (BIOS) and the broadcom hardware doesn't know
> about it

so finally... when we are able to know rfkill status and when we are
not? Is this like following?
1) If BIOS handles rfkill we don't know status of radio and radio
doesn't know as well
2) If something like WMI handles rfkill, we know status of radio
?

--
Rafał