On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Nathan Schulte <rekl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/1/25 Gábor Stefanik <netrolller...@gmail.com>
>
>> A few things to check:
>>
>> -Is this on PhoenixBios?
> I have the same laptop as Lucas, a Dell Vostro 1510.  As Lucas has
> mentioned, this is indeed a PhoenixBIOS
>
>> -Does loading wl, doing a warm reboot and loading b43 make b43 work?
> I am running Debian Squeeze with the latest stock kernel (linux 2.6.32-5).
> I cold booted with b43 and ssb blacklisted, and loaded the wl module.
> I confirmed that it operated correctly, unloaded the wl module, and
> loaded b43 (and subsequently required modules).
> This did indeed make b43 work, contrary to Lucas's claim, at least for me.
>
>> -Try updating the firmware to v478. (AFAIK there was someone on the
>> list before with a DMA error on a non-ULV, and it was solved by
>> updating the firmware. Broadcom's wl.ko uses a v5xx firmware for the
>> record.)
> I am using the 4.178.10.4 driver as suggested on the linuxwireless
> page (http://downloads.openwrt.org/sources/broadcom-wl-4.178.10.4.tar.bz2),
> which it claims is actually 4.174.64.19.
> My logs state -- Loading firmware version 478.104.

The firmware version included in 4.174.64.19 is 478.104 (notice that
is is not 4178.104, but 478.104 - the driver and firmware versions are
not related!).

> <snip>
>
> And the Fatal DMA error: 0x400 repeats from there.
>
> -Nate

Hi!

Could you post an mmiotrace of the following?
 - ssb+b43 failing on cold boot
 - wl loaded on cold boot
 - wl loaded on warm boot (with wl having been loaded prior to reboot)
 - ssb+b43 working on warm boot (same as above)

Thanks,
Gábor

--
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)