----- Original Message -----
From: "tachung_h" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2002 11:28 PM
Subject: RE: Nutrient blockers

> What are the experience from members of this list in using Humic Acid to
> buffer the negative impact of inorganic fertilizer such as NH4 and to
> allow minerals to be easily absorbed by plants.
>

>  Hi  TaChung Huang (¶À¤j©¾)
>  I have been using Humic acid and molasses for exactly this purpose  to
buffer the effects of any inputs and cultivation. They both compensate  any
carbon loss from cultivating and energy use up to assimulate inputs. I have
been using Humic acid for 6 months over the autunm /winter months  and this
spring i have seen some changes for the better. Every time i add some thing
or cultivate the soil i spray with  a mixture of 100 litres worm leachate,
2.5 litres humic acid, 500gms of Molasses[ i use a 500 gm honey pot and drop
the whole lot into container and stir .
A 10 litre knapsack will cover 300m2 at a slow walking speed.

Cheers Tony Robinson