Allan - Will has voiced an irritation which surely many of us feel about endless re-copying of previous messages in a thread; it's very easy just to snip the relevant sentence, even easier to delete the entire shebang before making one's own contribution. As I've commented previously, it's also annoying when people stick with the original subject-title even if the thread has wandered far away from it. I know that you occasionally call us to order on these matters but wouldn't it be a good idea to make a short, simple list of procedural preferences (perhaps also including how to unsubscribe!) and publish it on BDNow, say, monthly? Tony N-S.