Thanks, Steve, for answering my query. I thought maybe there was a Tanis
Helliwell connection in what you wrote below about Van Gogh. I'd heard
that this book refers to Steiner. However, having just read Helliwell's
"Summer with the Leprecauns" (passage where leprecaun meets Steiner is on
pp. 82-87), I feel that the phrase "as per Steiner's instructions" you
use below must be qualified.

The leprecaun tells Helliwell that he'd met a human in his realm who'd
told him "I've been talking with your elder scholars about getting
together a group of elementals from all castes to work with humans. We
are looking for ones who think for themselves and have curiosity and
courage. Interested?" At the end of the passage and chapter, the author
calls to the leprecaun as he is disappearing in that scene "Who was the
human you met almost a hundred years ago?"--"Steiner. Rudolph Steiner,"
came the faint echo. That is the only reference to Steiner in the book.
The Steiner-character gives no "instructions" to the elemental Kingdom in
the book, as might be construed from the remarks below.

You do preface your remark saying "Heliwell, who claims to have communion
with the elemental kingdom..." She has elementals working as humans (eg
Van Gogh) and humans working with elementals (eg herself). I get the
inkling she may have heard of "Rudolph" via Jean Houston's work (she is
one of the people acknowledged as having helped bring the book to
fruition, but I am unfamiliar with any particulars of Houston's work
myself) or some other secondary source. The leprecaun told Helliwell
about Van Gogh. The leprecaun also takes Philippine psychic surgeons at
face value (p.45).

Certainly we work with "the elementals." Indeed, Hugh Courtney's theme in
this weekend's Biodynamic Conference was our aiding the awareness of the
Christ in the realms of subnature through the use of the preps. Not to
put you on the defensive, Steve, but for the sake of clarity, I just want
to be sure that all understand that the above, and what is referred to
below, comes strictly from Helliwell, not Steiner.
Barry Lia \ [EMAIL PROTECTED] \ Seattle WA