I agree with the following items.  I think the others need more
discussion.  It would be better to start a new thread for the other
issues to reach closure on them independently, Unless there is an
objection to it,  I will start them later today.

> - tight coupling between the build-time and run-time classes.  The
> result is that the build-time is not correctly coupled to Sun's Mirror
> APIs for annotation processing.  And, the runtime code is coupled to
> some annotation processing classes such as
> AnnotationProcessorEnvironment.  The fix is to rearrange some classes
> to provide a clean separation between the build time and runtime
> artifacts; given the current architecture, there will still be shared
> code but it will (hopefully!) simply consist of JavaBeans.  Part of
> this fix could ultimately lead to a couple of new JARs:
>
>   beehive-wsm-compiler.jar
>   beehive-wsm-ant.jar
>
> Part of this would fix JIRA 752.

Agree.

> - the classloaders used to load resources are generally *not* the
> context classloader.  The fix is to switch classloading of resources
> to Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader()

Agree

> - lots of exception handlers do no logging, and some catch Throwable.
> The fix would be to add commons-logging based messages and catches for
> Exception or specific Exception types where applicable

Agree.

> - switch off of direct use of Log4J for logging and onto
commons-logging

Agree.

> - many classes expose protected or package protected fields.  The fix
> would be to convert to private fields where possible.

Agree.

Daryoush