A technology roadmap illustrates the technology presently available and
emphasizes scheduled improvements. A technology roadmap should also
consider which technologies will become obsolete or are scheduled for end
of life. For example, a technology roadmap will show when the previous
system will sunset and when the new one will be implemented.