On Nov 23, 2006, at 3:22 , Andrew Burton wrote:

Tyler Sperry wrote:
-- but perhaps someone here will point out the Squeakish way of creating "standalone" (in appearance, at least) applications.

I hope someone will. I have no burning desire to create a "stand alone" Squeak application, but it would still be interesting to know.

Also, you might want to have a look at Sophie:

        http://www.sophieproject.org/download/install

It uses the same cross-platform directory layout I developed for Plopp. In contrast to Plopp, Sophie is not locked-down, because it is still in heavy development, but you should get the idea of how a double-clickable Squeak app looks like.

<shamelessplug>
Actually, you could also buy Plopp, it's just 15 Euros plus up to 13 Euros world-wide shipping

                http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/3898353664

Guess you must find someone to read the German on that website to you ;-)
</shamelessplug>

- Bert -