On Feb 1, 2007, at 5:19 , Milan Zimmermann wrote:

On 2007 January 31 15:04, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
Yes, that's the plan at least for Croquet. The main hold-back for
this is that the Tweak development tools are not yet up to par with
the Morphic ones. We do have browsers etc., implemented by Marcus
Denker a long while ago, but it is pretty basic comfort-wise.
ToolBuilder was written by Andreas to leverage the existing tools,
and it works in principle (like, Monticello supports ToolBuilder so
it works under Tweak, too). ToolBuilder is actually pretty cool
because you could build your app once and then run it under Morphic,
or Tweak, or with native widget (wxSqueak), or over the web with a
Seaside UI.

Hi Bert,

Do you know if there is a sample application I can load, that runs as a
Seaside app and also in Morphic or Tweak? (and would it be that simply
loading such app into an image that contains Seaside (/Tweak/ Morphic), it will automatically work just by virtue of being written using the Pluggable* widgets... I guess if the answer is yes I should be able to test it with
Monticello)

I don't think there is a Seaside ToolBuilder yet. In 3.9, you have builders for Morphic and MVC. Plus there is the one Tweak.

Also, you must not reference the Pluggable*Spec classes directly, but always go through the ToolBuilder messages. Just have a look at the senders of pluggableWindowSpec to get a feel for how to use ToolBuilder.

- Bert -