Brad Fuller wrote:
Jens Pall wrote:

This is a step inn the right direction but I'm a bit concerned
about upgrades. How would I ship an upgrade without sending the whole image again? Can I somehow export the new/changed bytecode and import it at the customer's site?

Can you not employ a similar procedure as squeaksource? Make your own mini SqueakMap that points only to your repo?

Or put a friendly frontend to Monticello pointing to your repo only? Maybe you could also send update alerts if the person is online to remind them to update.

But doesn't this imply that the source is downloaded, making it easy (easier) to hack the system? I could make the private Monticello connection secure, update the system and then delete the source... just thinking out loud.

JP