Am 25.09.2008 um 06:40 schrieb Randal L. Schwartz:

"Herbert" == Herbert König <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Herbert> Hello Alex,
AC> Thanks. I'll try to start with the indexing table for each character first.
AC> Anyway do you know how to split string based on more than 1
AC> character, for example I want to split string based on some
AC> punctuation. I have tried using tokenBasedOn, but still can not
AC> figured out how to use it for more than 1 separator.

String> findTokens: is your friend here.

Herbert> I have a code fragment which reads

Herbert> tokens := comment asLowercase findTokens: mySeparators

Herbert> As I use this fairly often, someplace I have code to initialise
Herbert> mySeparators like:

Herbert> mySeparators := Array new: 13
Herbert> mySeparators at: 1 put: $- ; at: 2 put: $( .....
Herbert> and so on.

You can just write that as a literal:

 mySeparators := #($- $().

Err, what's wrong with using a String?