Hi,

For me the idea of the computer as tool at the service of creative human spirit and for children from 6 to 100 years, stated by the Smalltalk creators, mean that we should have a continuum between children, developers, other adults, elders, build with Smalltalk. Because this is not possible yet, what we have are several projects like Squeak, Cuis and Pharo, inspired by Smalltalk and serving different interest and people. Despite of not being ideal, this is far better that having "Squeak for children" and non Smalltalk technologies for everything else. In this way you can choose your Smalltalk inspired/based environment for you and the people you're (co-)designing for, without the wars between serving one as precluding the possibility to serving the others.

Cheers,

Offray