> 1. The community seems TINY for such a cool project. At this point it seems
> to mainly consist of people in academics and "old-timers" that have stuck
> around since a time when Squeak was more popular. Is this correct or am I
> maybe not looking in the right places?
>
> It seems a shame if such an amazing project were to die out because of lack
> of popularity, considering all the possibilities that this level of
> intractability with the programming environment enables.

I’m trying to change that.  I’ve started a meetup group in the Chicago area for
learning Squeak.  I am hoping to have a lot of young people get interested in
it.

I have programmed in many languages and I find smalltalk to be the easiest to
read and understand.  I’ve written code in come languages, that 6 months later
was completely foreign to me.  I couldn’t remember what I was thinking when I
wrote it, nor even if I wrote it.

With smalltalk, I don’t find that.  I actually enjoy programming.

Sincerely,

Joe.