I have end up using ASCII Encoding instant of UTF-8
it does not find any thing if I use 'BC' . chr(0x20AC) . '01'  then i
change to 'BC' . chr(0x80) . '01'

The following code works

if ( $euros eq 'BC' . chr(0x80) . '01' ) {  # 0x20AC is the
hexadecimal value of €
         # ...
     }

which I am not sure if my code will work to all version of windows.
Is there a different between using ASCII or UTF-8?

Regards
Khabza
Green IT Web
http://www.greenitweb.co.za