On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Francisco Rivas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I went through the same issue and what I found was just recompile
> the module in your case it would be HTML::Parser, what i did is CPAN
> - install HTML::Parser or use packer for it.
>
> I hope this can help you.

  ok, so just to be clear, i have the libhtml-parser-perl package
installed on this system and, sure enough, its contents include the
apparently offending files:

$ dpkg -L libhtml-parser-html
/usr/lib/perl5/HTML
/usr/lib/perl5/HTML/Parser.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.so

  what you're saying is that this package is somehow out of date and
i can get a newer and correct one from CPAN?  so i should uninstall
that package, then get a correct one from CPAN?  that makes me nervous
in that there's no guarantee it wouldn't break something else, but
i'll give it a shot if that's what you're suggesting.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca