"Richard Bailey" <r...@rtbaileyphd.com> writes:

> There is code available from my wizard at
> http://www.rtbaileyphd.com/perlwizard that is doing something fairly similar
> to what you described.  Use PerlWizard to generate a simple test program,
> run it once, and then examine the contents of the pwiz subirectory, which is
> where the config files go.  These are used in conjunction with Getopt::Long
> as well.

Thank you very much for you input!  I looked at the web page, and it
seems that the perlwizard is written in java, which is something I stay
away from as much as possible ...

I ended up with a pretty simple config file like this:

sender : subject : action1, action2, ..., actionN

>From there, I've turned it into an emacs org-mode table for easier
editing.  The script needs less than 100 lines to read it, including all
checks.

I really like those tables :)

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.