> Can develop a program in PERL for GNU/Linux without using BASH?

Yes.  But developing a script requires an editor of some sort.   Most often
that will be launched from bash (or other shell), although I can imagine
strange scenarios where it is not.

Executing a perl script definitely does not require bash, but it would be a
common starting point.

> What is the difference between PERL and BASH?

That is a very open question!   Both are used to execute “scripts”, but the
script content is different.  I would offer this subjective difference:

  *   Perl manages a broad range of datatypes and can be more object-oriented.
The library, in general, executes efficiently within the same process as the
caller of the library.
  *   Bash tends to focus on managing the order of execution of other programs,
and their input/output streams.  It doesn’t have a vast “same process” library,
and it has less datatypes.  It isn’t object oriented.

Cheers,

Claude.

--

With kindest regards, William.