I'm new to PERL and am trying to learn by reading some PERL programs.

My question is this - does PERL execute sequentially and "skip around"
embedded subroutines or
Does it execute them inline?

For example, if the  program has the following set of code lines

Line1
Line2
Line3
Sub1
Subcode1
Subcode2
Endsub1
Line4
Line5
Line6 calls sub1
Line7

Does the execution sequence go like this:

Line1, line2, line3 line 4 line5, line6, sub1, subcode1, subcode2,
endsub1 line7

Or does it go like this:

Line1, Line2, Line3, Sub1, Subcode1, Subcode2, Endsub1, Line4, Line5,
Line6, Sub1, Subcode1, Subcode2, Endsub1,  Line7

Thanks.

Portions of this message may be confidential under an exemption to Ohio's public
records law or under a legal privilege. If you have received this message in error or
due to an unauthorized transmission or interception, please delete all copies from
your system without disclosing, copying, or transmitting this message.