To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <beginners@perl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: square symbol at end of each line

----- Original Message -----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 2:05 pm
Subject: square symbol at end of each line

Hi,
Hello
I have perl/tk application, where it fetches the data over the
internet and
displays it in a ROText widget.
Everything works but in the output there is a square *like* symbol
printedat the end of each line too. I can not copy and paste the
symbol either.
I donot understand if it is a perl or tk that I have to look for
solution?Any ideas? as why it is happening and How to take care of
it ?
that is probably some type of EOL symbol, it could perhaps be a Windows EOL, while you are displaying in X. Have you tried to chomp off the end ?? Can we see some data ?

Yes. But it is not going to be of any help either, since I can not copy and paste the symbols
and the data looks exactly what I have typed here. Does it help ?
I got the answer from Brian and Manish.
Thanks to you as well for responding.

HTH,
Mark G.