Hi good people,

there's a new web-site for Perl beginners - perlmeme.org -

http://perlmeme.org/

It has Howto's, Tutorials and FAQs for Perl beginners - freely available and
freely usable. Its mission ( http://perlmeme.org/start_here/index.html ) is:

<<<<
It's lots of ideas that together define why Perl is so different.

It is the idea that there should be "more that one way to do it", the idea
that a language should make easy jobs easy and hard jobs possible, the idea
that laziness, patience and hubris are virtues (for a programer).

 Perl itself is evolving at a rate unlike any other programming language.
Those of us who use it for a living are excited by how powerful and
expressive the language is and how close to the 'problem set' it is. With the
development of Perl 6 well underway, the language is set to expand and take
on even more functionality not found anywhere else. In our opinion, this
makes it the language of choice for solving many of the software problems of
the future.

I have already contributed some code, text and ideas to perlmeme.org, but we
could always use more help. If you have a document to contribute (even if
it's already written), can provide feedback on the site, or can help in any
other way, feel free to visit our developers' web-site:

http://perlmeme-org.sourceforge.net/

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish