On 12/2/05, Chris Devers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But anyway, yeah. In general, you can't depend on things working
> consistently if you just start randomly moving around compiled programs
> and libraries. Sometimes it won't matter, but other times, the results
> just won't be predictable.

Ok. I will try to be less lazy. What I was trying to workaround is to
place perl binaries at a place available to my user, using a
distribution which was supposed to be installed by 'root' (which I am
not). The machine I was working at had no 'gcc' and I thought it would
be a good idea to get a shortcut rather than building/installing gcc
and then perl.

Adriano.