On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 21:30 -0400, Golam Mortuza Hossain wrote:

> http://www.bengalinux.org/cgi-bin/abhidhan/bdict.pl
>
> So please feel free to test it and post any suggestions that you
> may have.

Can these things be arranged:

1. Log-in option, such that a kind of a control remains there about who
are doing it, and more than that, after some work, anyone can chuckle
within himself about his own contribution. This helps in contributing, I
think. That way, after a period of time this can take a never-before
dimension in terms of Bangla language.

2. Is there a size limit on the entry field? After a few characters, it
does not seem clear whether it is getting into it, or not.

[Like: I wanted to add 'overdetermination', and as a definition I wanted
to type, 'অতিনিয়ন্ত্রণ (কার্য ও কারণ যখন উভয়ই উভয়কে নিয়ন্ত্রণ করে, তখন
স্বাভাবিক অর্থে কারণের একমুখী নিয়ন্ত্রণ আর থাকে না, তখন কার্য ও কারণ এই
দুটি বস্তু বা সত্তার পরস্পরের উপর নিয়ন্ত্রণই অতিনিয়ন্ত্রণ) -- but this
whole thing was not showing up, and hence I had to type in 'অতিনিয়ন্ত্রণ
(দুটি বস্তু বা সত্তার পরস্পরের উপর নিয়ন্ত্রণ)'. ]

If we really want to make this effective, a lot of these kinds of words,
technical words, jargons from different fields will have to be there.
And so, in cases, the text field can get a bit biggeer: what is your
opinion about it?

3. I usually use Probhat, with my Ubuntu keyboard set like this,
'Ctrl-Shift' changes the keyboard from English to Bangla or Bangla to
English. Within the Bangla definition itself, at times, one may have to
write some English characters or words, but, I don't know, it maybe my
OS behaving that way, but within the text field my 'Ctrl-Shift' is not
working. I cannot go to English within the field. Can this be changed?

4. The lower part of the page is blank. Can there be kept a browsable
list of the definitions already there, or a portion of it, or even a
link for that? That way, people can work more productively. Seeing what
are there may help in remembering new entries, and also, if someone has
some time on some day, even a dictionary can be used.

5. Even the existing entries should such a way, that one can add a
suggestion there.

Are these very high demands?

Congratulating you, as I did it here too, before, about the thing you
are doing: I am seeing there a long-distance possibility: dynamic,
expanding, all-encompassing, with a potential to grow into different
branches.

---
das