Dear Murshed,

I am writing you regarding your bnwebtools and its new license.

As you know, we use your bnwebtools in Ankur's E2B dictionary
project. Frankly, your tool has been extremely useful to the project.

I was considering an upgrade of bnwebtools to the latest version.
However, your new license terms (v 2.1.0) made me extremely
concerned about your tool.

In Sourceforge project page  http://sourceforge.net/projects/bnwebtools
the mentioned license is GPL.

On the other hand, in your site   http://bnwebtools.sourceforge.net/
the mentioned license is "GPL only for non-commercial use".

In my understanding, both these licenses are incompatible with
each other. GPL doesn't prevent any commercial use.  It seems to
me your new license also violates Sourceforge terms of service
as they allow only OSI-approved license for code hosting.

http://alexandria.wiki.sourceforge.net/Terms+of+Use

However, the main concern for me is, we allow distribution of the
dictionary project under GPL. This includes database as well as client
program (CGI scripts) which currently includes your Bnwebtools inside
it.

So if someone wants s/he can use our dictionary project
to take out the bnwebtools and use it for ANY purpose including
commercial as per as GPL. This will bypass your intended
license completely.  Does it mean, we cannot use it
in the dictionary project anymore?

It will be really helpful if you could clarify about the new license.

Given this issue affects Ankur's dictionary project, I am marking this
email also to Ankur-core.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards
Golam